The Fercon Group of Companies is a significant player in the South African meat industry and is recognised by customers and suppliers alike as the most forward thinking. From humble beginnings in 1996, Fercon Foods has grown into a dominant force in the Western Cape meat market. A measure of Fercon's positive, go-getting attitude is evident in our recent establishment of Fercon Freight.
The Fercon Vision
Daring to do things differently, we are pioneering the future of the meat industry across Africa through our dynamic attitude and diversity of products.
Our Mission: To source, produce, market and distribute fresh and frozen meat products to supermarkets, independent butcheries and allied industries.
Areas of Specialisation
- Sourcing meat - local buying and international trading
- Selling meat - a diverse offering, from full containers through to value-added products
- Distributing meat - strong logistics capability
Core Business Values
Team spirit • Competence • Freedom to Risk • Work Energy
Shareholders' Meat Industry Experience
- Miguel Ferreira, Managing Director : 19 years
- Jason Cerff, Director - Imports : 16 years
- Ralf Wegener, Director – Fresh : 15 years
- Collen Heyns, Financial Manager : 16 years
- Mike Guma, Factory Manager - Night Shift: 22 years
Fercon Main Shareholders (From left to right) Collen Heyns (Financial Manager),Jason Cerff (Director), Miguel Ferreira (managing Director), Mike Guma (Factory Manager), Ralf Wegener (Director).
Products & Services
We offer a full range of fresh and frozen meat products and services including:
- Fresh Carcases: Beef, Lamb & Pork Carcases
- Frozen Boxed: Beef, Lamb, Mutton, Poultry, Pork, Ostrich & Offal
- Tray Ready: Sausages, Boerewors, Burgers, Crumbed products, Value-added braai lines, Frozen products
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging ( MAP ): Beef, Lamb, Mutton, Pork & Minces
- Cold Meat Range: Viennas, Russians, Sandwich Ham, French Polony
- Pie Industry: Diced Beef and Chicken Goulash
- PreCooked Products: PreCooked Ribs; PreCooked Chicken Products
- Co-Packers of Third Party Brands: Fresh or Frozen
- Full range to entire Western Cape Region
- Full range to Eastern Cape Region along Garden Route
- Bulk wholesale to Bloemfontein, Welkom, Johannesburg